If you choose, you can easily place ads on your site. You will earn money by visitors clicking on the ads. There are advantages and disadvantages to placing ads on your site. Here are some of them.
- After your site is complete and the ads are set up, your site can earn you money. You can easily get enough money to cover the costs of keeping your site live. In other words, your site can pay for renewing its own domain name and hosting. With increased traffic, you can earn some pocket money or supplement your income.
- You can monetize all visitors to your website such as visitors that are outside of your service area or visitors seeking products that you don’t offer.
- If you have a website or blog that offers free information, ads can pay you and encourage you to do it more.
- It takes some time to set up the ads.
- Ads are generally annoying for visitors.
- Visitors may leave your website sooner.
In the past, blogs were different to common websites. They had a special structure and special features. With this 2016 design, both website pages and blog entries are easy to create. You can easily create a traditional website with numerous pages and no blog, you can create a traditional blog or you can create a site with website pages and blog pages.
As an example, this website has website pages AND blog entries. This page is a blog entry.
Creating a blog entry is a little different to creating a website page. The website considers blog entries more fluid than website pages. Recent blog entries are considered more important because they tend to contain information related to current topics such as news articles. Each entry is put into a category or categories according to topics and archived, grouped by date.
Even older blog entries don’t appear in the recent entries section, they can still be found by looking into the category and archive sections.